SPECIALIZED STRATEGY INSTRUCTION
- Individualized Learning Strategies for Your Child
- How to Study for Tests
- Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Organization & Time-Management
- Note-taking Methods
- Memorization Techniques
- How to Study from Notes
- Reading & Learning from Textbooks
- Efficiency Strategies
- Writing Reports and Essays
- ISEE, PSAT, ACT & SAT Preparation
INFORMAL LEARNING EVALUATIONS
- Identifying Your Child’s Individual Learning Strengths, Methods & Styles
- Identification of student’s individual learning strengths & weaknesses
- Evaluation of current study methods
- Specific recommendations of learning strategies & study methods for the student to use based on his/her individual learning style
STANDARDIZED TEST PREPARATIONEXAM PREP
Working Individually with Students to Help Them Learn How to Prepare for Semester Exams Schedule an appointment for your child to work individually with a Carraway Center Instructor to help him/her prepare for upcoming exams. The intent of this kind of exam preparation is extremely practical and specifically designed to meet the individual needs of each student. Therefore, sessions can include: specific academic content explanation, determining a study plan and schedule, weeding through the backpack locating and organizing materials, organizational strategies, and looking at each subject / study guide to determine the BEST way (strategy) to learn each set of information. In order to appropriately cover the material, we recommend no less than 1 _ hours for each individual session. However, depending on the individual needs of the student, more time may be required.
SAT and ACT TEST PREP
Specific Strategies for Taking the ACT Schedule a series of appointments for your child to work on general standardized test-taking skills for the ACT or SAT. Sessions are designed to familiarize the student with the format of the test, specific strategies for each of the sections of the tests, time-management strategies, the process of elimination, and other general test-taking strategies.
SUMMER EDUCATION WORKSHOPS
Click here to view descriptions of course offerings and registration details.